Short post. Moral of the story: you do you. I have been growing my hair out from a pixie cut since January of 2016. I’ve had some good days and some bad ones too with the growth process. Recently, the bad have really been heavily outweighing the good. It’s crazy how much of our identity our hair conveys to the world.
I started growing my hair out for multiple reasons:
- I wanted to be able to have real hair to play with again.
- Other people’s opinions finally broke me down.
- When I got engaged I decided to keep growing it, so I could have an up-do for my wedding.
Recently, I’ve been really upset about my appearance, and I narrowed it down to my hairstyle being the ultimate factor.
- I am extremely upset that I let other people’s opinions influence my personal body image.
- I have terrible cystic acne around my hairline that I was not experiencing with shorter locks.
- My ultra thick but fine hair always looks unhealthy at longer lengths. It gets greasy quickly, and just looks like I don’t take care of it properly despite my best efforts to nourish and care for it.
- It’s stupid to not feel like myself for another year+ for the sake of one day. No way.
- After looking at pictures of myself from short hair to long hair, I just decided I look so much happier and like myself with my short locks.
- Think about how much easier putting wigs on for cosplay will be!
There you have it. The best part about my new do? It’s all me, and luckily, it’s my hair. I don’t have to answer to anyone as long as I’m happy. I hope that my readers will do the same for themselves. Leave a comment, and don’t forget to subscribe via email or Bloglovin’ to never miss a post.