Just like starting this year, I’m finding January to be especially hard to wrap-up for some reason. It may have something to do with the fact that the last time I wrote an actual monthly wrap-up was June/July of 2017. Let’s face it, not every aspect of my life can make it onto this as an individual blog, so monthly wrap-ups are my way of sharing and documenting the little things. A small goal for myself this year is to not miss a monthly wrap-up.
Well the good news is that unlike 2017, I did not start off 2018 with a raging hangover. I’ll take that as a win. A lot of January has been trying to get into some sort of sense of a routine or normalcy. I’m not sure if it worked, but I feel pretty good about this year so far.
January “Big Wins”
I’ll say that I feel like even though there might still be a lot of chaos I do feel as though I have had quite a few big wins this month. And lots of fun things happened in that process. What were those?
- I have gotten back into working out semi-regularly. I have been running again, and the gym I signed up for has finally opened its doors. I am happy that it feels like I am taking care of myself again. We also bought a state park pass so that hiking can become a regular thing without paying every time we go somewhere to do it.
- Shooting (photos) more. I made it a personal goal to be either in front of or behind the camera a lot more often this year. I can say that I was able to be involved in some form of photography at least once a week in January. I absolutely adore all of the photos I’ve been a part of, and have so many more plans moving into February.
- Got my crafting mojo back. Sometimes I just get into slumps, but thanks to my friends I am really kicking ass with crafting and cosplay. I’m really happy with everything I’m working on right now. I can’t wait to share more with you as I make more progress.
- Josh had a really happy birthday complete with Organic Cat Cafe, which I will eventually share more on later.
- Speaking of cats, I spent a lot of time with my little fur babies. It seems to be 90% of the photos on my phone this month. Haha.
Do Better Next Time
Overall, January was pretty awesome. There is always room for improvement, and I have a few things that I want to do better at as 2018 keeps moving forward.
- I got a bit discouraged with YouTube when they announced the change in monetization requirements. This is pretty silly since I have a list of videos I really want to make. I plan on committing to more regularity in videos here.
- Eating soup isn’t necessarily unhealthy, but I could be doing better with managing my diet. I hope to cook more meals, and eat more vegetables as the year progresses. This was something I really enjoyed, and sometimes it is hard to find time to meal prep. Ultimately, that’s just an excuse, and I just need to suck it up buttercup.
- My house isn’t dirty, but it is definitely cluttered, especially the cosplay room. February is going to be slam packed, but hopefully I can cut back on some clutter. This will include letting go of wardrobe pieces that don’t fit my style anymore. I HAVE TOO MANY CLOTHES.
Overall, not a bad month. I intentionally made this a bit more of a vague, goals-type post because I have a lot of things that I have photos from I want to share in full on blog posts. Thanks for being here. I am really optimistic about all the content I have planned for you guys.
How was January for you? What do you have upcoming in February? What new year’s resolutions have you already broke? Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to subscribe via email or Bloglovin’ to never miss a post!