Anyone who knows me knows that I am a lover of TV and movies. I gave up Netflix this year because I need to get my bum off the couch and use my energy and money for better things. While I’m making an effort to spend less time on the couch, I can definitely spend guiltless hours watching things for the sake of knowing what happens next. I’m always a sucker for a good story. These are the movies I love to watch when “there is nothing else to watch.”
- The Little Mermaid- This may not make sense, but I watch this movie a lot when I’m feeling homesick. Plus, I really want to be a mermaid.
- She’s the Man– This movie is an all-around winner. Channing Tatum. Amanda Bynes. It is based on a Shakespeare play, and it is downright hilarious.
- Thumbelina– My favorite. I’m pretty sure we filled up more than one rental card for the library renting this when I was little. Now, I’m lucky enough to own it on DVD.
- Phantom of the Opera– No joke, this movie was BANNED from the house when it came out. I watched this so many times in the course of a month that even the soundtrack was forbidden. If my brother didn’t kill me when I was sixteen and in this phase then I am convinced he never will.
- Pride and Prejudice– Hands down my favorite movie. Also, probably my favorite book. This is the movie I watch when I’m feeling, “Why aren’t there more Mr. Darcy’s in this world?” But seriously…