It’s 5 Fandom Friday again, and I couldn’t be happier for an excuse to ponder something geeky. This subject is actually pretty interesting. I always relate to characters, but I never think, “Hmm. I could really be besties with that guy.” Good topic. I’m going to do my best to pick characters I think I could totally chill and spill life secrets with rather than ones I picture myself being.
1) Queen Amidala: OK, so let’s not get ahead of ourselves, I totally want to be her, but she also had all those handmaidens. I’ve been told quite a lot that I resemble Natalie Portman, so it’s a pretty sweet thought to think that I could be one of her chosen handmaidens that she basically entrusts her life with.
2) Willy Wonka: What girl wouldn’t want to be best friends with Willy? He OWNS a chocolate factory! Need I say more? Oh, and he’s a bit on the crazy side. That is a quality most of my friends are required to have.
3) Neville Longbottom: Truthfully, Neville reminds me a little bit of one of my real life best friends, Stu. He is really pretty bright, caring and all-around a great character but not many people know it.
4) The Genie: I mean he’s just so optimistic, and he’s right… I ain’t never had a friend like him.
5) Blair Waldorf: So I feel like I might get judged a lot for saying I would want her as a best friend, but I really think she would be a great best friend. Throughout Gossip Girl she seemed like a genuine person, and I think I’d make a much better friend than Serena ever was to her. Plus, the girl had style.